When reviewing your broadcasts (Messaging -> Sent), you will be presented with a dashboard that shows you how many messages in the broadcast are in each status:
A brief definition of these statuses is as follows:
- Scheduled - messages in this status are scheduled to be sent but have not yet been sent. You can review scheduled messages by going to Messaging and then Scheduled.
- Sending - messages in this status are currently in the process of being sent. They have been sent to the messaging gateway but a response from the recipient's carrier has not yet been received.
- Sent - messages in this status have been successfully sent to the intended recipients.
- Failed - messages in this status have been passed to the gateway, but the recipient's carrier did not acknowledge the successful delivery of the message to the end recipient.
- Rejected - the message was passed to the messaging gateway but was rejected by either the gateway (typically) or the recipient's carrier.
- Stopped - the broadcast was halted by the user. This may have been you, or another user on your account.
At the foot of the Delivery Status box you will see two more statistics - Submitted and Delivered:
- Submitted - messages that have been passed to the gateway but are awaiting a final status
- Delivered - messages that have been successfully delivered to the intended recipients
NOTE: In order to ensure message delivery statuses are updated, you need to ensure that the "Request Delivery Receipts" box is ticked when sending your message: