Email to SMS Settings
Email 2 SMS allows messages to be sent via a mail client provided the email address or domain is registered. To send a message simply send an email to the recipient mobile number followed by the '@mtxt.co.nz' domain
Settings can be managed by navigating to Configuration > Email to SMS
- Message Limit - the number of message parts to be processed and sent to the recipient as a long message
- SMS end tags - an end tag allows the user to specify text after which the message will be truncated. Neither the tag nor the following text will be sent within the message. This feature is useful if you have an email signature or disclaimer which you don't want to send in your messages
- Forwarding all other SMS replies to this email address - all replies from messages not sent using Email to SMS will be forwarded to this email address
- Email subject line - option to include or exclude the subject line in the SMS content. Some users like to include the subject or even type the entire message within the subject while other users may like to exclude the subject line from the SMS
- Threaded/Unthreaded - "Threaded" means you'd like to preserve the original email subject line in message replies. "Unthreaded" means that the subject line of replies will be 'SMS received from firstname.lastname@example.org'