Sending to a list of numbers
To send the same message content to a list of numbers, navigate to Messaging > New Message
There are a few different ways you can add multiple numbers:
- Paste Numbers - If you have a list of numbers in a spreadsheet, you can copy them directly from the spreadsheet and paste them into the “To” field
- Add Contacts / Groups
- Click on “Browse Contacts” or “Browse Contact Groups” next to the “To” field
- Tick the box next to each contact or group you want to add
- You can search for specific contacts using the search box
3. Import from file
- Click on “Import from file” above the “To” field
- Either drag & Drop your contact list as a CSV into the upload box, or click “browse” to search for your file
- Please note - "CSV UTF-8" is the required format for import files
- You will also need to indicate the column in the CSV which contains the contact numbers
- Scroll down to “Match Columns” and choose the appropriate column header from the dropdown list:
Next, compose your message in the “Message Content” field. You can also add an opt-out message by clicking the “Opt-out message” button in the top right of the dialogue box.
- The phone preview on the right-hand side shows you in real-time how your message will appear on a handset.
- You can also send a test message to yourself by clicking Send test. This allows you to send the composed message to yourself and/or a colleague without losing any of your data so you can continue with the send after vetting the message.
Next, complete the following steps (if required):
- Broadcast name - default or custom (e.g. "Invoice Reminder")
- Schedule - send now or later
- Send period - sending window (if selected) - this will stagger the delivery of the broadcast so that not everyone gets the message at the same time. This will help you manage responses if your broadcast is prompting the recipient to reply
- Delivery receipts - requested or not
Once you are happy with your message, click Send